Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Nothing but Respect for MY President, Doc McStuffins

I haven't posted in two months so here's a short little ditty to show yall that I am still alive and kickin' it!!

As you all know, Thanksgiving is TOMORROW and I'm very excited about it. Except I have to work all day. Other than that, yeah, very excited about it. Here are some things that I am grateful for:

- The person I thought I recognized in the grocery store last night was NOT my high school crush
- My new wig came in the mail and it is BEAUTIFUL.
- I am smarter than Donald Trump. (Honestly, if you ever feel like you aren't enough, just think: 'Wow, I'm actually smarter than the current POTUS' and let me tell you.. your spirits will be lifted.)
- Doc McStuffins is getting the recognition she deserves (Seriously do y'all watch Doc McStuffins? I'm a fan. Sis is really really doing her thing. Toy HOSPITAL?? Are you serious?! I can't take. She's my president.)

All jokes aside, these last few months have been the hardest, and I am truly grateful for the change that is taking place in my life. Here are a few things that I am actually grateful for:

- My mom had a serious back surgery a few months ago, and she is healing very very well.
- Thanks to everyone who has donated towards my GoFundMe, I have been able to work out a way with financial aid at Ithaca, and I will be returning this January!!! Thank you all SO SO much.
- My job. There are days when I complain about how often I have to work, but I have learned so much about adulting in this time frame, so I am actually really grateful about that.
- My spiritual growth and connection with God
- I'm so grateful to actually be in a position where I can give to others instead of receiving.

That last one is very important to me. Here's why.

Yesterday, after a weekly meeting that is held at my job, (for those who don't know, I work at a country club as a banquet server) I packed a couple boxes of leftovers to take home. I felt bad that the food was going to be thrown out, so I decided - in the spirit of giving - that I'd be a blessing to someone else. I remembered seeing a homeless man on the off ramp of the exit I take to get home, so I chose to give them the food to them.

BUT. They weren't there.

Now I could have easily given up and decided to go home with my bag full of food... but to be honest, I knew it would have just gone to waste. So I thought, and quickly remembered that there is usually always someone waiting on the off ramp of the exit I take when coming home from dance class(different exit). I drove past the ramp, and there he was!!! Yall I genuinely got so excited. So I got back on the highway, just to get off again. I rolled down my window and... guys... he looked like Scott Foley. I kid you not. Scandal season 4 when Jake is thrown into SuperMax for allegedly killing Fitz's son?? THIS WAS IT. Yall, he lit up like a kid on Christmas when I gave him his food. Honestly I felt like crying. He was so happy. I was so happy he was so happy. Everyone was just so happy... THAT'S what Thanksgiving is about. The extravagant food is great and the Black Thursday/Friday sales are great too, but it's so important to be a blessing to someone else who may not have a fraction of what you have. Do yourself a favor this holiday season and GIVE. You have no idea how you can change someone's life, even if it is bringing Thanksgiving dinner to them a day early! "We love lending a helping hand, cause I'm yours when you need a friend." That's what Doc McStuffins says. And SHE'S our real president, so.

No comments:

Post a Comment